FOOD SERVICES AND EMPLOYMENT SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAM
SOME FACTS ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
- FREE practical skills training in our commercial kitchen
- Gain real experience for a period of up to 12 weeks (3 months)
- Fast-track program for those with experience and skills
- Up to 20 hours per week in the kitchen
- Practice food preparation, team work, communication and problem solving
- Receive job search assistance during and after the program
- At least 16 years old and passionate about food
- Resident of Ontario and authorized to work in Canada
- Read, write, understand, take notes, and participate in workshops
- Speak English or French or both
- Able to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ready to work on a team
- To register: 613-742-4400, x. 3.
Experica 2.0: Work experience in your field
This full-time employment program aims to support newcomers to find their first Canadian job in their field of expertise.
We find an unpaid placement in your field that can last up to 12 weeks (or less if you get a job before), 24 hours a week. The remaining 11 hours will be dedicated to an intensive job search.
Discover the Canadian work culture, get professional references, and find a job in your field of ??expertise!
- Permanent resident or accepted refugee
- Able to communicate in one of the two official languages
- Not having worked in your area of ??expertise since arriving in Canada
- Be available full time
- Be motivated to find a job!
- Any occupation in an office environment that does not require Canadian certification to practice.
- Ex: accounting clerk, admin or executive assistant, HR assistant, web design, etc.